Equitix acquires majority stake in Telecom Castilla La Mancha

The GED Infrastructure Division, GED Infrastructure SGEIC, today announces the sale of its stake in Telecom Castilla La Mancha (“Telecom CLM”) to Equitix, a pan-European infrastructure Fund Manager .

On financial close of the transaction, Equitix will control 55% of the company while the Regional Government of Castilla-La Mancha will maintain the remaining 45%. GED's participation in Telecom CLM was initially acquired by the Ahorro Corporation Infrastructuras fund in September 2007. GED manages this vehicle since 2015, when the private equity manager acquired the infrastructure fund management business from Ahorro Corporación.

In recent years, Telecom CLM has gone from being a regional operator that provided broadcasting services to local and regional radios and televisions in Castilla La Mancha to being a national operator that has expanded its activities to other services.

Currently, the company operates more than 1,100 telecommunications sites through which, it provides Telecommunications Infrastructure services to the main Spanish mobile telephone operators (tower space rental), Broadcasting services (transport and broadcasting of television and radio signal) , emergency network management and internet connectivity services. In addition, Telecom CLM provides advisory, engineering, installation and maintenance services for the mobile networks operator equipments.

Victoriano López-Pinto, managing partner of GED and managing partner of GED Infrastructure, said: "We are pleased to announce the sale of our participation in Telecom CLM after being able to grow and diversify the areas of activity of the company in recent years”.